Sunday, August 19, 2012

Not quite a flat tire, but close...

August 11 & 12, 2012

Todd and I decided to embark on our first overnight trike adventure!
We rode from home (Chillicothe, OH) to Portsmouth, OH.
It's about a 45 mile ride - one way.

We spent the night at the Holiday Inn, Portsmouth.
It was tricky getting our trikes in the very small elevator, but with much creativity, we were able to do it, one at a time.



Good thing my trike folds, we stowed it in the closet area of our room.


We had to move some of the furniture around for Todd's trike to fit.  Shh, don't tell the housekeepers.


This beautiful bride was near the hotel - it crosses the Ohio River to Kentucky.


Sunday morning, we decided to ride to Kentucky, just to say we did.


Welcome to Kentucky!

The ride home was crazy - the last 11 miles or so was straight up!  The hills were relentless.  I was so happy to get home.

This was my tire after we got home.  At one point, Todd rear-ended me and his chainring slashed my tire.  It didn't cause a flat, but he ordered me a new tire for next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment